If you followed any of my wedding planning posts, you’ll know that the Armadillo wedding was a DIY-filled day. That being said, I’m especially proud and excited to share photos of our reception details with you guys, because I personally created nearly everything that people saw the moment they walked into our reception space. It was such a surreal feeling to see it all come together after 18 months of hot glue, ribbon, spray paint, and elbow grease! (A couple of these photos are repeats, so just bare with me!)
Our thumbprint guest book tree welcomed guests the moment they walked through the door. I was so glad we went with this version of the guest book–the finished product now hangs in our living room, and I love looking at the physical representation of all the love and support with us on our wedding day!
Once they made their way a little further into the space, guests were welcomed with a photo display I made with Mr. A’s and my childhood photos. I used two old windows and covered the panes with our photos, each framed with sheet moss.
There were a few minor details our photographer didn’t get a chance to capture, like our “thank you” sign at our gift table along with our birdcage card box, our simple favors (Hershey’s kisses in a little pouch for each guest, nothing fancy) and the DIY paper bags we made for dishing out fresh popcorn as a late-night snack for our guests. All in all, though, I think our photos really grab the tone we set out for our celebration: handcrafted, fun, vibrant, and low-key.
Are you planning on your big day being heavy on the DIY?
Up next, we shake our groove thangs!
- I gave you guys a recap of my recaps.
- I cried over cupcakes, we rehearsed, and stayed up until ungodly hours the night before our wedding day.
- We spent the whole morning and afternoon of the wedding day setting up the reception venue, and I massaged my own feet in the shower.
- Mr. A and his guys got dressed and had a mini photo session in the alley behind our church.
- Our photographer gets some shots of my wedding day accessories, and my ruby slippers are presented with their own personal photo session.
- I FINALLY get into my dress and I take some awesome pictures with my bridesmaids and Mama Dillo.
- I get a special, sentimental gift from Papa Dillo and I become obsessive about the time and take a few more pictures with the parentals before we head off to the ceremony!
- Everyone makes their grand entrance except for me, and I wallow in the misery of being by myself for 0.2 seconds.
- Papa Dillo walks me down the aisle, bawls his eyes out, and in turn creates the most outrageous chain reaction of blubbering ever.
- We say our vows and listen to some awesome scripture readings by good friends.
- MOH Henna and Bromadillo serenade us, we light our unity candle, and make out in front of the church as husband and wife!
- We gather together and have a super quick family portrait session at the church.
- We take some awesome outside shots with our bridal party, despite the fact that my bustle went MIA.
- We stuff our faces with awesome Italian food!
- Mr. A and I get toasted by our Best Man and Maid of Honor.
- I dance with the new man in my life, and the man who’s been there from the beginning.
- We cut the cakes, and Mr. A (almost) shoots my eye out with a champagne cork.